Friday, January 6, 2012

Resolutions, Goals, Plans.... Whatever You Want to Call Them

While on our morning walk today, my friend made a good point about New Year's Resolutions, or any goals we make, 'It is easier to stick with them if you write them down and make yourself accountable.' I know I have already wrote our homeschooling goals for this year, but I thought that I would put my personal ones here as well. Thank you, Alice!

1. Be better organized. This will be in all areas of my life, homeschool, finances, chores, etc. I have already started by deep cleaning my girls' room and living and dining room. And getting rid of several bags of things we don't need anymore. I still have a couple closets, the kitchen, and the basement to organize and minimize.

2. Be more scheduled. Again, all areas of life. Hoping this will ease the stress that I have been having about not getting everything done that I want to.

3. Live healthier and lose weight. I started this last year and feel I did quite well, lost 30 pounds. But there is definitely room for improvement as I need to start eating healthier, back off pop, and add in some extra workouts. And lose at least another 20 pounds to be in a healthier range for my height.

4. Start recycling and being green. Again, this is a continuation from last year, I have come a long ways, including making my own laundry detergent, and switching out most of my cleaning products to natural homemade ones. The only recycling we have done is using some stuff for crafts though.

5. Have a better garden/ backyard homestead. Just beginning, but ordered some (hopefully) great books today!

6. Learn to play the piano. I am getting pretty good at the beginning of Scarborough Fair already!

So, I guess that is it. It may seem like a lot to some, but I tend to get bored, so this way I can switch back and forth between goals to work on :) In my personal journal I have all of these broken down into individual steps. Such as, for living healthy : Cardio 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week; resistance training twice per week; yoga daily; smaller portions of healthier food; write in journal or blog; read motivation text; and breathe...

Then, I further break it down to time frames. For instance this week I started the 30 minutes of cardio, 5 days a week, by restarting my walking routine with Alice. As you also know, if you are following this, I have really gotten into the blogging. Next week I would like to start weight training, and a couple days of yoga.

I have yet to actually mark all of this on a calendar, it is just in my notebook where I keep all my GREAT ideas! But I don't want to overwhelm myself ;)

Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! These are great goals! Let us keep each other accountable! Blessed New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete